Thursday, August 2, 2012

Kamas Valley Sunset July 31

On July 31, I spent the day providing shadow support for our ward's Girls' Camp.  A huge storm blew through in mid-afternoon with lightning, thunder, torrential rain and hail.  By 8:00 p.m. the rain had stopped, and my relief person for the next day showed up.  So, I headed down the mountain toward home.  I shot these photos on the way.

Looking north over Oakley, Rockport Reservoir is just visible through the trees.

Looking southwest over the Kamas valley, Mt. Timpanogos is visible in the middle background.

From Kamas, looking west, this was the sunset with the remains of the storm clouds from earlier.

Another view of the same.

Same.

A bit more close-up.

Telephoto.

More telephoto.

I wanted to combine this one and the next one into a single panoramic shot.

Panoramic part 2.

Before climbing back into the car to head for home, I shot this last shot, showing some lingering rain still falling in the north.

No comments: